was successfully added to your cart.

Welcome to Wallace the Pit Bull Foundation!

By July 26, 2015 News
Wallace Head Shot

I’d like to be the first to welcome you to the website and blog of Wallace the Pit Bull Foundation!  I’m very excited to be writing this post, because it means that a new chapter of our journey is ready to begin.  Another chapter inspired by the incredible dogs and people we’ve met, while we watched Wallace and Hector positively affect the lives of so many others.

For those who aren’t familiar with Wallace and Hector, I invite you to read more about them in the About section of the website.  Those who know them know they have both passed away.  In many ways, it’s been challenging moving forward without them.  However the lessons that we’ve learned over the years will allow us to make better decisions as we continue to save dogs and help people.  Being pit bulls, Wallace and Hector faced a lot of negativity head on, but they overcame all of it.  Their lives speak for themselves.  And while it’s heartbreaking to lose them, the fact that they deserved to live, and we as their owners did not deserve to be discriminated against for helping them, was solidified the moment they passed away.

wallace-pic42726177211_edb7241075_o

We’ve made a lot of progress over the years regarding the discrimination that surrounds the dogs, but we’re not done yet.  We will tirelessly pursue our mission of improving the lives of dogs and the people who care for them because we know there are still too many dogs being killed simply because of misperceptions.  There are still too many dogs living in our society who are abused or neglected.  There are still too many good people that simply don’t have the means to care for their dogs properly.  There are still too many families being discriminated against for no good reason.  It’s not right, and we need to continue to protect ourselves, help each other, and help the dogs who can’t defend themselves through words.  I do recognize there are rare but tragic incidents that occur as a result of dog attacks, and I believe that we should do what we can to minimize these situations.  However, I believe we should be concerned with all bites from all types of dogs, and I don’t believe that innocent dogs and innocent people should take the blame for situations in which they were not even involved.  I hope you’ll join me as we continue to change the conversation in order to find solutions together, rather than perpetuate a divide due to fear and hate.

Hector-pic-for-hector-fundAs I was figuring out how best to tackle our mission, I stepped back and asked myself what needs are not being fulfilled, and to which of those needs would we best be able to contribute?  I believe there is a lot of misinformation regarding training, handling, behavior, etc, of the dogs themselves.  Considering our success with Wallace, Hector, and all the other dogs we’ve helped over the years, I think it’s important for us to share how we handle these topics.  Words are great, but instead of just telling you, how much better would it be if we could show you?  That’s why Wallace the Pit Bull Foundation is looking to operate out of a facility where we would be able to help more dogs.  This would also allow us to share information through video, which would help many of you in your efforts as well.  We hope to have your support as we fundraise to make that happen. All it takes is $7, and you can make a difference through the Hector Fund!

Working out, saving lives!

Working out, saving lives!

We know that there are a lot of other great people and organizations doing amazing work as well.  Unfortunately many of them don’t always have the funds to operate to the best of their ability.  To help with this issue, we’ll be continuing our WOD for Dogs fundraiser that reaches an entirely new group of people outside of the typical dog people circles – the CrossFit community.  We have tested this campaign with awesome results, and it has allowed Wallace the Pit Bull Foundation to donate to organizations backed by good people that we know are making a huge positive impact within their communities!  It also connects CrossFit gyms with local organizations, and I can’t wait to start promoting it on a larger scale.  So, if you know of anybody that does CrossFit, make sure you let them know about Wallace the Pit Bull’s WOD for Dogs!

We’re going to be dealing with serious topics, but we’re going to have some fun along the way as well!  Each week, our team of bloggers will be highlighting good dogs and their good humans.  (You know, the ones who never made the news because they never did anything bad.)  We’ll continue to share our adventures and let you in on our #conversationswithafosterdog, amongst other things.  So please explore the new website, and I look forward to improving the lives of dogs and the people who care for them together.

Best,

Roo Yori

President/Founder, Wallace the Pit Bull Foundation

Join the discussion 19 Comments

• Congratulations, Wallace the Pit Bull Foundation and Roo Yori! This feels SO right. Thanks to both the organization and the people who donate to help other organizations, dogs and their people. Thank you from Safe Humane Chicago and the Court Case Dogs for the financial, emotional and philosophical support and the many hours that Wallace, Hector, Roo and Clara have given us here in Chicago — with needed funds and fostering awesome dogs who thrive and grow under your care and experience. Let’s stay connected!

• Shelly Meyer-Coates says:

So proud to be a part of the Hector Fund!! Sure miss the adventures; however, #conversationswithafoster are amazing!

• Pat McDonough says:

Thank God for all you do! I have followed Wallace (and have his book ) and Hector. It’s absolutely wonderful what you have done and continue to do. Is there a way to set up a monthly donation through PayPal? I have the pleasure of owning 3 pits, one of whom was used as a bate dog. His owners went to jail I am happy to say. I also have a lab and Jack Russell. All of my dogs are rescues. I wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world.

• admin says:

Thanks Pat! So glad you are giving your dogs a great second chance. If you click on the Support tab of the website and click on the Hector Fund, or click on the Hector Fund link in this article, you can donate through that and indicate to make it a recurring monthly donation if you’d like. We appreciate your support!

• Elaine Buck says:

Glad to see you’re making new plans and continuing your good work. I’m sure you’ll reach and encourage many people who are already behind you, like me : ), as well as a new audience who just need to see the truth and potential of this great breed. Looking forward to reading your future posts. Best wishes to you and your team.

• Gina says:

I think what you’ve done and are doing is wonderful! I’ve always loved dogs, labs, in particular but I have such a new found respect for pit bulls. Their beauty, sweetness and all around goofy faces?. Way to go!! Congratulations on your new page…?

• Lorrie Thrasher says:

I cannot tell you how much I loved the book about Wallace. I bought several copies and passed them around.
    Your dedication to his cause is remarkable. Thank you for continuing to help and educate so many.
    Sincerely,
    Lorrie Thrasher

• Regina Milione says:

This is a wonderful thing you are doing and what you have done for these wonderful dogs. I will continue to support and donate to your great foundation.

• VERY EXCITING news! The Brew City Bully Club is looking forward to collaborating in any way that we can to change more minds and save more lives! Congratulations on all your past success and blessings to all that is just starting! Much love and appreciation to Roo, Clara and all others involved in this foundation.

• Lisa Gibson says:

What an amazing thing you are doing!! It’s the highest honor you can give to both Hector and Wallace. I never got to know of Wallace before his death, but I found Hector and have been in love with him, and all the Vicktory dogs, ever since. (And the humans who have taken them in also!) I look forward to the amazing things you will do with this oppotunity and I will be with you every step of the way!! I look forward to being a part if this next journey you are taking for theses wonderful beings!! Congrats to you all! Hector and Wallace would be so proud!!

• Christa Velbel says:

You are amazing. These dogs are amazing. I’m so grateful to have read about and laughed with and cried over the stories you’ve shared about Wallace and Hector and now your wonderful fosters. Thank you for inspiring us and giving hope and living compassion. I look forward to reading and supporting and spreading the word. Peace & love! Christa Velbel

• Cheryl Pohl says:

Roo and Clara Yori are great people and the work they did with these two dogs should be reconized throughout the country!! I have two pitbull rescues myself. 3 legged Skip and deaf O’malley from Out of The Pits Rescue in Albany New York!! They are awesome dogs and I could not be happier!! I also have what we call at an honorary rescue named Joey Pepper who is a very disabled boxer! He came from the Meriden Humane Society!! We could not be happier with our dogs! I wish nothing but the very best for the Wallace The Pitbull Foundation and I know Wallace and Hector are helping you from up above !!!!oxoxoxoxoxox Love, Skip, O’Malley and Joey Pepper oxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Veronica Barrera says:

Hi, I found you on FB and I’m looking for advice . I’m the mom of a beautiful pit bull named Zoe. So I have a heart for pit bulls. I have a neighbor of low income , who took in a lovely pit bull who has an anal sac tumor. I was told they took her from a breeder. But now this family has limited resources and they wasn’t to get Coquette the pit bull medical attention . Any suggestions would be helpful